初级会员

积分
注册时间
2004-8-20
发表于 2006-9-5 12:08:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

感谢关注耳机俱乐部网站,注册后有更多权限。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有账号?注册

x
I was hoping to put some thoughts together on the Westone ES3’s themselves as well as comparing them to the Sensas and UE10s. I have a new addition to the family (7 week old boy) so time to sit down with all three, write up thoughts, etc. is very limited. I do not have a mastery of the ability to describe sound as many here on this forum do. I did want to pass on some of my IEM experiences and my thoughts on the Westone ES3s. My IEM experience has been a long, strange trip indeed….

Four years ago, I decided if I was going to the gym on a regular basis, I’d get the best portable system I could. Figured if I was going to the gym, my reward would be killer sound. I ended up with Etymotic ER4S (with custom molds), Headroom Total Airhead (very first version) and a Panasonic PCDP. The combo was killer. The Panasonic eventually started to die, I started to consider an iPOD and at the same time I thought I’d check out what was new in the market. My search for ultimate iPOD headphones lead me to head-fi.org and life was never the same. I first came to head-fi right after Welly Wu’s UE10pro review. I subsequently read and re-read every review, post, etc. regarding the ensuing UE10pro vs. Sensaphonics debate. I knew early on I would likely end up with both IEMs at some point, if nothing else just so I could know what each of them sounded like for myself. And to know that I really had the best possible IEM sound for me. The majority of my usage is portable so knowing that I have the best possible portable sound for me is important. After all, that sound is what keeps me going to the gym and helps me to keep a certain sense of balance in my life.

In early August, I decided I would get the Sensaphonics and hopefully their sound would cause me to be satisfied to the point of not even purchasing the UE10s. My thought process was that I wanted a sound with more bass, as I had spent so long with the Etys and found that I really missed a good sense of bass.

I spent quite a while trying to get a good fit with my Sensas. I am not a perfectionist but I did want a fit that did not cause me any significant fit or sound issues. I became frustrated to the point where I decided to order the UE10pros as I figured I’d probably never get a really good fit with the Sensas. The Sensas for me needed to have a bigger stem in order to seal right, block out external noise, and not suffer from a weird puckering sound when I moved my mouth even slightly. This fit provided me a good seal, yet also causes pressure to build up in my ear canals over time so I cannot wear them for more than an hour without some serious issues. Wearing them on a plane turned out to be quite an unpleasant experience for me. Unfortunately this is what I agreed to live with in terms of fit. PM me if you want more info on my experience here. In the end, I ended up with a fit that I could (after learning how to go through an exact fit ritual) live with.

The Sensas are incredible, hands down. Their ability to deliver the bass while providing a sense of balance across the spectrum simply can’t be matched. They have a sense of groove going on that is addictive. Unfortunately for me, I always wanted a greater sense of clarity from their sound. To me, they always sounded slightly recessed or congested, especially in the midrange.

Enter the UE10pros in early December. Similar issues in terms of fit. Needed much larger stems than what they were making me. Numerous refits later, I ended up with a pair that is in effect too large for my right ear. I get a great seal, just not necessarily comfortable.

The UE10s deserve the recognition they have received in the reviews. Their ability to produce detail leads me to literally say “wow” when listening to the music at certain times. I can hear things I’ve never heard before in the music. I can hear sounds start from a distance and end up right in front of you. I can hear the exact instruments the two different drummers are playing with a six piece rock band on a CD I’ve listened to a hundred times (literally) that I’ve never been able to hear before.

Their sound to me, seems to have changed slightly since my first pair I received. This I believe is due not only to me getting a better fit, but I also believe as BigD stated that the bass response has improved as well, particularly when coming straight out of the iPOD. This ‘new’ sound (at least for me) yields a sound I feel is very comparable to the Sennheiser HD650/Zu. Very lush and beautiful. Honestly, I’m more likely to grab the UE10s than the 650/Zu because to me, the UEs have a greater sense of clarity across the spectrum. Unfortunately, the UEs still seemed to exhibit a slight congestion in the midrange that bothered me. And, just as I would not necessarily pick up a Sennheiser every time to listen to rock, I was looking for something with more of a fun, “excitement” factor going on. The majority of what I listen to on IEMs is rock/heavy metal and with both the Sensas and UEs I had not yet found the Grado type sound I was hoping for.

In typical head-fi fashion, I read one, brief post by a member twenty replies into a thread that mentioned the Westone ES3s. I had considered the Westones prior to purchasing the UEs simply because Westone had made my custom molds for my Etys and they fit perfectly. Those Westone molds were the ones I ended up sending to both Sensaphonics and UE asking that they make the stems as large as the Westone molds. After a few PMs I decided to order the Westones.

Westone ES3s:
$795
Including:
Molds
Shipping to and return (two day)
Pelican case (with silica gel pack, cleaning tool, cleaning cloth, bottle of Oto Ease)
Name card on the case
Free T-shirt (a nice bonus – why not, right?)
Hard plastic shell, canal piece that softens once it is heated. Very similar to the early version of the UEs soft option.
Replaceable cord – 64 or 50 in lengths.

My audiologist handled the entire transaction including payment.

9 business days from having my molds made they arrived back at my audiologist.

Fit like a glove from day one.

The sound:
Very Grado like sound. These are not a laid back type of presentation.

Upfront, aggressive sound. Electric guitars sound like they should. Bass is tight, strong and very well controlled. Great midrange clarity. Vocals are upfront when the recording calls for it, however they do not exhibit the same type of strange effect the UEs do with pulling vocals forward even when not on the original mix.

They are highly sensitive. Meaning you could blow your ears off if you cranked them up too high.

They seemed to benefit from break in. The sound seemed to settle in a bit more and relax a bit. The highs weren’t as sharp (a good thing).

The sounds, particularly the guitars, etc. can literally jump out at you. If you’re not expecting it, it can be a bit surprising at first.

The sound has the ability to come from outside your ears to a certain extent. Most of it is concentrated right within your head/ears, however they are able to create a certain sense of air with the instruments that is refreshing. They do not sound nearly as “closed” to me as the Sensas tend to.

Due to their sensitive nature, I figured they might benefit from the Etymotic ER4P-24 cord (cord that makes the ER4p to an ER4S) and the SR-71 combination. I tried this combo this morning and was amazed.

I think any piece of equipment can sound great with a few instruments playing. Try getting some complicated, well recorded heavy metal going and see what happens. A lot of gear simply falls apart in this scenario.

Using iPOD photo 60gig à Sik Din à Cardas mini à SR-71 à Ety ER4P-24 à Westone ES3 listening to Tool Lateralus. I was blown away. For the first time ever, I was able to hear all of the individual instruments as they are mixed in. Incredible separation between the instruments. I could concentrate on any given persons playing within the context of the song without losing the overall musicality of the song itself. I heard tons of details, guitars were sounding just like they should. The experience was magical. I was on the elliptical machine at the gym and had found myself jamming out. I had to keep reminding myself that I was at the gym and everyone else couldn’t hear what I was. All I could think was…I wish somebody else could be hearing this right now…..

The Caveats:
All of the IEMS (Sensaphonics 2Xsoft, Ultimate Ears UE10pro, and Westone ES3) are all very high caliber listening devices. Once you get to this level, it really isn’t about which one is ‘better’. They are all incredible. It becomes more about personal preferences and the type of sound you like than anything else. The whole Sensa vs. UE debate is to a certain degree a bit silly. One is not necessarily better than the other, they are both amazing, as is the Westone.

As has been stated many times, the difficulty with IEMs is that you can’t hear them before you buy them, unless you are lucky enough to be close to Las Vegas or near one of the few Sensa audiologists with a universal fit pair. Considering this fact, and the price tag associated with custom IEMs as well as the fact they cannot be resold, makes it a difficult choice for the consumer and is the reason why I would not recommend one product over another to someone. I ended up with all three and feel very lucky to have the opportunity to listen to each. I don’t see me retiring any of them very soon.
MGS4 GUNS OF PATRIOTS 当一切落幕的时侯 希望看见你在舞台上   BIG BOSS..
回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

初级会员

积分
注册时间
2004-8-20
 楼主| 发表于 2006-9-5 12:09:19 | 显示全部楼层
我一直希望能把大三和210的对比写出来,最近家里多了一个7个月的小宝宝所以我也能陪着她们三写点感想啦。因为能力有限,我还不能像坛子里别的兄弟那样老练纯熟的描写出音质.我只是想写点我的IEM的经历和对大三的感想.确实我有个漫长而又奇特IEM之旅…..

在四年前,我想如果我定期都要去健身房的话,决定尽可能的准备一套最佳的移动设备如我去健身房的话,那的噪音会让我什么都听不见.最后选了小四S(耳膜)耳放是HEADROOM的Total Airhead最初版和一部松下的PCDP. Combo还真是毁机子啊,松下最终坏掉了.在我开始考虑IPOD的同时还在想是不是在买个新耳塞来配下的.在我搜索配IPOD的顶级塞子时让我找到了head-fi.以至于我的人生从此不同.我第一次来的HEADFI是在Welly Wu写完UE10的评测之后,随后我反复的读了每一篇的2X和UE10的评测和贴子.我开始明白,如没别的选则的话我需要知道他们哪个的声音更和我的胃口.主要是我用的是便携设备所以知道他们在便携设备上的声音对我很重要. 毕竟那声音将陪着我去健身房并且帮我保持平衡生命中某些感官(可能就是因为减小了噪音对音乐的平衡).

在八月初,我决定入了 2X并且希望她的声音能让我满意到不在买UE10.我想的是更多的低頻,用了那长时间的4P我发现她确实少的就是低频,而我需要的就那种感觉

我花了很长的一段时间去得给我的2X做耳膜.我不是一个完美主义者,但是我不想那耳膜会有漏音什么的毛病.我开始沮丧这点当我想到我可能永远也做不了一个合适2X的耳膜而再去定个UE10.2X对我来说需要一个更大的导管为了完全的密封去阻隔外部的噪音,甚至当我嘴微小的咀嚼时不会因为导管的变形而发生声音的变化.这个耳膜有很好的密封.但是长时间的配戴也导致耳道里充满了涨痛的感觉,所以我不能连续使用超过一小时.在飞机上使用她们是非常不愉快的经验.遗憾的是我接受这个缺陷.

2X真是不可思议,他能带来更多的低频的同时还有一种平衡的感觉, 三頻完全不会冲突.他能让我沉迷于感受音乐中的细节. 遗憾的是我总是想从她那听到更清晰的声音.对我来说她们的声音有些浑浊,特别是中頻

我在十月初的时候入了UE10PRO,在耳膜上出现了相似的问题。我需要的是一个更大的导管。在调整过很多次之后终于将右耳改到了合适的大小,声音和配带都OK了

就如同以前UE10的评测写的那样,UE10的细节之丰富让我在聆听时大呼小叫。我能从音乐中听出很多以前没听的细节。我能听见声音在离我一段距离发出在我的右前方结束。我能在CD上精确的在分出一个六人ROCK乐队(?)两个鼓手打出的的声音。但在之前几百小时的欣赏过程中我从没注意到。

和我刚收到的第一对相比,这对的声音有了轻微的变化。我人为不仅是有了更合适的耳膜,而且BigD(??)的低频也有所改善。这个新的声音(至少对我来说)完全能和HD650ZU一比高下。华丽而优美。确实我喜欢UE10多于650ZU,因为对我来说UE10有着更清澈透明的声音。不幸的是,UE在中頻部分还是稍有着拥挤的感觉。我从次不用在用Sennheiser听摇滚了,我在寻找一个能给我带来更多乐趣设备。在我用2X和UE10PRO听摇滚和重金属的时候都不能听到我所期望的歌徳声。

以前在我浏览HIFI时有一个简短的贴子上提到Westone ES3。在买UE10之前我考虑过他,仅仅因为WESTONE曾给我的ER4做了一对完美的耳膜,在给2X和UE10做修改的时候我曾要求他们把导管部分?做的和WESTSON一样大。经过PM联系我决定订进了ES3

声音部分
非常像哥德声,不是那两个的类型
很有侵略性,就好像电吉它类型的声音。低音精壮,控制的很好。中頻相当清晰,细节非常好。人声部分很真实的表达出了录音预定的效果。这和UE10所展现的不是一种类型的声音,UE10的人声像是那边种连最初的混音都没做的原声。在用ES3的途中声音越来越自然,高頻也不在有毛刺感了。在听吉它时能让弄激动的跳起来
在声场方面,他的声音像是从耳外传来的。将注意力完全集中在两耳间,却发现乐器好像是从耳外的空气中传来似的。而2X在这方面表现得很拥挤。考虑到他们天生的高敏感度。我估计他在ETY的P TO S线上会有更好的表现。我认为器材的任何一部分都能影响到器乐的表现。我们玩点复杂的,准备些录音比较好的重金属和别的装备开完成下面的评测来看看会发生什么。使用IPOD PHOTO60G ,Sik Din à Cardas SR71??, P TO S线(Using iPOD photo 60gig à Sik Din à Cardas mini à SR-7 1 à Ety ER4P-24 à Westone ES3 listening to Tool Lateralus实在不明白)在第一次听我便能区分出独立的乐器,这种分离度真是太不可思议了,让我全神贯注于表演者的所在的环境中而不会失去音乐本身的味道。我能听见很多的细节,吉它的声音还原的极好。这真是一个神奇的体验。在健身房我发现我经常被人为的干扰,我只好不断提醒我自己我是在健身房而别人听不见我在听什么。我希望别人也能立刻听见这神奇声音(耳塞)~~~

The Caveats:
3210这级别的耳塞已经是相当高水平的设备了。到了这个级别已经不存在哪个比哪个更好的问题了。这里只有一个个人的听音的风格趋向问题。关于2X和UE10的评论在某些程度上有些可笑(SILLY??),但他们和ES3一样,都很让人惊叹。
当买3210之前往往要很长时间才能定下,因为他们在买之前是不能试听的,除非你幸运到在Las Vegas附近或能到SENSA的听力医生那去听普通版的2X。考虑到这个情况,而且他们也不能卖掉,所以对顾客来说确实是个艰难的选择,这也是我不给某些人推许哪个比哪个好的理由。
我最终3210全部入手了,很幸运我能听他们中的每一个。在短时间内我不会让他们中的任何一个退休滴~~~~~

第一次写欢迎大家拍砖~~~
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

初级会员

积分
注册时间
2004-8-20
 楼主| 发表于 2006-9-5 12:10:26 | 显示全部楼层
这边都注册两年了,舍不得删号了....
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级会员

积分
注册时间
2002-10-7
QQ
发表于 2006-9-5 13:53:56 | 显示全部楼层
米人呀~

3210也要买齐
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

禁止发言

积分
注册时间
2006-7-27
QQ
发表于 2006-9-5 16:37:53 | 显示全部楼层
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
http://shop33571483.taobao.com/

欢迎光临gzibm淘宝店铺!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

核心会员

俱乐部铁杆

积分
注册时间
2004-11-21

优秀版主奖最佳创作奖

发表于 2006-9-5 18:10:29 | 显示全部楼层
不知道荼毒了多少人。
人生就如一场映画,什么时候出场,什么时候离去,命运似乎早已经有安排。我不知道我是否是一个合格的演员,但我只希望,我的女主角能够陪伴着我,完成这套映画中属于我们的戏份。

我的个人空间:http://www.headphoneclub.com/index.php?uid/20932
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

中级会员

积分
注册时间
2006-5-12
发表于 2006-9-10 21:54:50 | 显示全部楼层
lz的英文水平.......牛!!!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

耳机俱乐部微信
耳机俱乐部微信

联系我们|有害信息举报:010-60152166 邮箱:zx@jd-bbs.com|手机版|Archiver|黑名单|中国耳机爱好者俱乐部 ( 京ICP备09075138号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-9 16:37 , Processed in 0.084012 second(s), 30 queries , Gzip On.

快速回复 返回顶部 返回列表